Integrated company policy for Quality, Safety and the Environment
The objective of this document is to detail the policy objectives for quality, safety and the environment that all company personnel are expected to pursue at all times. Through this document the organization expresses its commitment to develop a Quality management system that is integrated with the requirements of health and safety in the workplace and of the environment and is aimed at the continuous improvement of its effectiveness, reminding all employees and consultants of the importance of achieving both customer satisfaction as well as increased respect for the environment and for health and safety in the workplace.
ECSA operates in three activity sectors: Raw Materials, Maintenance Systems and Energy (distribution of petroleum derived products). ECSA has a wide and varied customer base that ranges from industry and the arts and crafts, to bulk purchases and private individuals.
In addition to the timely distribution of quality products, ECSA offers customer support in all phases of the product life cycle. The consulting service starts with the selection of the right product, and continues with advice on the correct way of using and storing the product, and ends with the service of collection and disposal of used products in full compliance with regulations relating to safety and protection of the environment.
As ECSA has been certified to ISO 9001:2008 standard and having implemented a system for the management of safety and the environment it can operate as:
ECSA, a services company
- Transparent operations
- Guarantees flexibility and fast response times
- Guarantees lot traceability and the possibility to implement efficient product recalls if necessary
- Offers a complete assortment of services in the various product segments
- Canton Ticino: "ONE STOP SHOPPING" policy
- Provides objective information on market trends
- Operates in accordance with the principles of GMP and HACCP
A responsible partner for customers and the authorities in relation to the protection of the environment and the Health and Safety of its personnel and consultants
- Guarantees the adoption of measures at a technical, organisational and personal level that in turn provide guarantees to all workers in relation to safety and accident prevention in the workplace through measures including appropriate facilities, procedures and work instructions, internal regulations (e.g. on behaviour inside depots, consumption of alcohol and drugs, etc.)
- Provides guarantees to the various stakeholders (the general public, the state, suppliers, customers and shareholders) in relation to their respect for the environment.
- Provides state of the art facilities for storage, handling and transportation of dangerous products
- Makes available a service for the collection and disposal of special wastes
- Provides assistance and advice to customers in selecting products that respect the environment
- Takes part in voluntary programs for suppliers and trade associations (e.g. Responsible Care)
- Offsets unavoidable atmospheric emissions (www.myclimate.org)
A Specialist and Holder of Know-how
- Specialist in the various product segments of activity
- Specialist in logistics
- Know-how in international purchasing
- Know-how in security
An independent, modern and stable company that is strong on the North South axis
- Independence: guarantees entrepreneurial autonomy
- Modern: state of the art facilities and systems
- Strong in the North South axis: Active on the Rotterdam / Genoa axis
For the above reasons, the management is committed to:
- creating an adequate sense of awareness and appreciation among its personnel of the importance of guaranteeing a constant work commitment;
- ascertaining, within the company's means, the availability of resources that are suitable for pursuing and achieving the improvement objectives set forth in the annual program for the management of quality, the environment and health and safety in the workplace;
- periodically re-examining the system and pursuing continuous improvement of the effectiveness of the management system for quality, the environment and health and safety in the workplace also through the definition and updating of the structure of the organization and of job definitions;
- basing the annual integrated management program on:
- this policy for quality, the environment and for health and safety in the workplace;
- the result of internal audits
- the result of management's re-examination process
- the opinion of the people who are in charge of the various activities
- periodically re-examining this document to ascertain how suitable and appropriate it is with respect to the company objectives;
- ascertaining that all the direct and implied requirements agreed with the customer are met;
- continuously ascertaining conformity with the Law and applicable rules and regulations and checking actual performance of obligations periodically;
- ascertaining whatever is necessary to respond to environmental emergencies and to limit the resulting impact;
- ascertaining the periodic identification of risks in the company's activities, and to assess such risks, keeping them under control and minimizing/eliminating any significant risk of accidents;
- creating awareness and appreciation among all personnel and consultants working on behalf of the organization for the protection of the environment and for health and safety in the workplace;
- guaranteeing transparency and visibility of the company's activities to employees, national and local authorities and the general public;
- making this policy known to all personnel and making it available to whoever requests it.
Pursuant to the commitment made by the management of ECSA, all personnel must:
- guarantee to have carefully read, assessed and understood this document, and pursue the objectives contained in it;
- be committed towards the organization and its customers
- share the results of their work experience with their colleagues and be free from any professional envy;
- recommend to management any action that may be deemed useful for the purpose of improving performance;
- pursue the specific objectives of the program for the management of quality, the environment and for health and safety in the workplace in accordance with the agreed methods and time constraints;
- register and report any problems related to equipment or products to the Manager of the Quality Management System, thus contributing to solving problems before these can give rise to complaints.
- register and report to the safety manager any problems related to the environment and safety, such as leakages of substances or risk of accidents or near misses to the environment, thus contributing towards solving such problems before they give rise to an emergency or to any danger.
Balerna, July 2012